Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bathgate Academy Prom 2015

I would like to say a huge "Thank You" to the staff and pupils at Bathgate Academy for commissioning me for their Prom.



It was, to say the least, a fun and frantic one and a half hours of shooting!

Fortunately, I had the luxury of lots of space to set up my mobile studio.



The end results:







Technical details:

For this shoot, I set up a standard white paper background and lit on either side with strobes in egg crates to keep the light spill to  minimum and focus the light on the background.

The background was set 2.5 stops higher than the main light to give a nice high key effect.

The main light was mounted on a large octabox on a boom arm and set slightly to the left of center to give nice even light but create some interesting shadows.

I used a Canon 5D MkII with a 70mm-200mm F2.8 II and triggered the flash heads using a Pocket Wizard Flex system.  Camera settings were ISO 200, F8 and 1/200.   All files were RAW format.

These settings gave me great flexibility in relation to depth of field - this was especially important when large groups were being shot at the same time to ensure everything was sharp.

This lens allowed me to quickly transition from full length to tight crop without having to change my camera position.

Total images shot: 387

Editing:
Lightroom for basic cropping and global adjustments to all images.
Lightroom for black and white conversions.
Lightroom for cataloging.
Photoshop to fine detail editing and cloning
All images backed up / archived to 2 independent drives

Please contact Elske Photography for your next project - elske@elske-photography.co.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment